- Nearly half (49%) of the positions posted on the site were paid, up from (36%) in August and (41%) in October.
- The internet category continues to lead in hiring, but we note that more companies increasingly have a presence on the web and therefore fall into that category more frequently. Professional services firms also continue to lead in hiring.
- The general area of marketing continues to be the main focus of hiring for small businesses, and social media specifically remains the top task.
- Given that the overall percentage of paid jobs on Urban Interns has increased and the concentration of hiring in internet businesses, marketing and professional services, we believe these categories are indicating signs of economic optimism.
- Approximately one-third of the positions posted on Urban Interns are purely virtual, indicating that the trend of small business owners hiring virtual help continues.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Trend & Insight Report Shows a Rise in Paid Positions
We just ran our metrics from November and there's some great news for job-seekers -- paid positions as a percentage of posted positions on the site are up! Below are some highlights from the release -- download the full release with tables here.
Posted by Urban Interns at 5:57 PM