However, this brings us to our Question of the Week:
What if I am looking for someone with more experience than college level, but still on a part-time basis?
College students are not the only ones looking for part-time jobs. The Labor Department released data on Friday showing unemployment is at it's highest rate since 1993. In addition, the percentage of people employed part-time for economic reasons is up 220 basis points year-over-year and 10 basis points month-over-month. In other words, a lot of people are looking for work right now, and a lot of people are turning to part-time work and internships in absence of a full time job. This absolutely does not mean the quality of the labor pool on Urban Interns is any lower for it - quite the contrary. Below is a smattering of profile excerpts from recently registered Urban Interns:
- "Accomplished executive with 11 years experience in business development, program/project management and growth strategy"
- "veteran in the Event Planning industry for 18 years and 15 years in the special event production industry"
- "I worked as a sportswriter at the New York Daily News from May 2005-September 2009"
- "I currently manage an e-commerce website"
- "Ten years of New York City advertising experience...encompasses marketing, promotions, and advertising"
Ready to find your perfect virtual intern? Login here.